Top 5 Reasons to Take Your Child to a Pediatric Chiropractor
It is not uncommon to hear that parents are increasingly taking their children to visit the pediatric chiropractor. While some people may have concerns for the necessity of this, consider that children have nervous systems just like any other functioning human. In this critical stage of life, it is important to ensure that the child’s nervous system is functioning properly to promote healthy childhood development. After all, the nervous system, which includes the brain, spinal cord, and corresponding nerves, are connected to every organ, gland, tissue, muscle, and cell in the body. The nervous system is responsible for the automated regulation of all the body’s processes. Imagine that the nervous system is like a fuse box for the body. If there are any issues with the circuiting of the fuses, the system can face a plethora of issues. For children, an improperly functioning ‘fuse system’ can lead to conditions like constipation, colic, bed wetting, ear infections, sleep problems, and more. In order to remove subluxation, or vertebral misalignment, a pediatric chiropractor works to ensure the child has a nervous system that is free from interferences.
Below are the top 5 reasons to take your child to see a pediatric chiropractor:
- To promote the healthy growth and development of the nervous system and limit health challenges.
- To minimize and eliminate interferences with the nervous system and spine’s functioning, preventing infections, bed wetting, asthma, and allergic conditions.
- To promote a healthy immune system and digestive system, and to prevent colic and constipation.
- To allow the nervous system to develop neural plasticity. With neural plasticity, the child’s perceptive senses develop properly, preventing conditions such as ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- To keep your child’s overall health and wellbeing at optimum levels so that they can reach their full developmental potential. A healthy nervous system will in turn promote healthy systems for the rest of the child’s body.
In addition to the above reasons, taking your child to a chiropractor can improve spinal posture. With good posture, a child’s bones, muscles, and tissues with develop with minimal risk of injury of complication. Also, a child who visits the chiropractor is also much more likely to get higher quality sleep. Whenever a child is facing spinal discomfort or other nervous system deficiencies, it can make it difficult for the child to get a good night of sleep, which can adversely impact their growth. The average child aged 3-5 years of age requires between 10 and 13 hours of sleep. Having a healthy nervous system will allow the child to get quality deep sleep needed to grow and recover.
Don’t let something simple as regular pediatric chiropractic visits interfere with the healthy development of your child by not going. Visit a professional pediatric chiropractor for initial assessments and routine preventative care to ensure that your kiddo has a well-adjusted spine. Dr. Andrew Nolt at INSPIRE Chiropractic would be happy to take care of the entire family. With individualized wellness plans for each member, you can be sure that your whole family will be in full health!